Thursday, May 12, 2011

The gossip girl gag!


I refuse to think in terms of being a victim. I am witch and I can shift things as I need to in order to deal with what other people insist upon throwing at me and move along. I also realize that not every witch works the way I do and I can't expect that they have the same code of ethics or even the same practices. I am alright with that, but I refuse to play high school games. I didn't like them when I was high school aged and I like them even less now. I have no time to waste or energy that I care to devote to the sport of "mean girls. "

The favorite game, of course would be the Gossip game. Sometimes known as the rumor mill and the grapevine. So and so hears such and such about whose a whatzit and it's just too good to keep to yourself. . . in fact, probably several sources have said XYand Z and it gets embellished and curliqued and mangled to the furthest thing from the truth, sometimes just for kicks! The usual suspects are involved: the green eye of jealousy, the hidden agenda and of course the drama queen. All of whom must have their way, agenda fulfilled, and attention bowed to right the heck now. The problem with this game is not only are negative things being put out there for trivial reasons, the ones being gossiped about are the ones who end up paying for the game. It's like they walked into the room and suddenly have had to pay for the party that they didn't even get to have fun at. Relationships are compromised or broken, trust goes out the window and a whole whopping bowl of injured feelings are served up for no good reason.

I find gossip to not only be built up an web of often times exaggerated statements twisted to untruths by people who are either mean spirited or just plain paranoid, I find it to be the mark of someone who just needs to go home and rethink their lives. Maybe even grow up *gasp!*. I used to try to figure out the root of the subject, but I found it to be often times a waste of time on top of exhausting. I'm sorry, but I have things that need doing and I don't want to participate in someone else's need for drama. There is also a part of me that feels bad for the gossipers because they must feel so neglected that they have to manufacture reasons for people to pay attention to them, but I got over that quickly as I realized that it was a hook to reel you in. Classic tactic used by the most politicians. I think you can guess how I feel about them.


o.O
Got gossip? Well, I have a gag order! It says: Shut your spiteful trap right the heck now and think about what you are saying! Then go home, and for the love of what ever it is you love, rethink your life! Don't forget to smile. I'm willing to share, but for the now it's only available through special request. Email or tweet me if you must.

Blessings!

6 comments:

  1. I second that motion!! It's family gossip that has caused the feelings towards my kids from my brother and dad. Pure and simple, gossip. Neither one o them were ever there when my kids were going thru their teen years, nor did I ever pick up the phone and call either one of them for advice or what was happening. I know the source of it, but it won't change anything. I have a hard time forgiving this kind of shit, don't want to deal with it and don't want it in my life. So I just cut and move on. Good post and you took the words right out of my head!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-You!!!
    I have had to 'wash my hands' of this crap recently led by a 'drama queen' in desperate need of attention, 'gold stars' to make her existence worthwhile and a posse to follow her.
    Your words are like a balm to my injured soul, worded soooo perfectly. I could never be so poetically succinct in describing it... I must *bow* to you.
    Thank-You, Thank-You, Thank-You!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Midnightsage I am sorry you have had to endure this from your own family. I know it to be a tough situation and wish you love and blessings to help light your way forward! XXX

    @ Sarah Cooper I am glad to be of service. I know that things will improve for you sweets. Thank you for your high praises. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had problems with in-laws spreading gossip about me. I'm currently pregnant and it's been really difficult dealing with the stress they're causing me and my family and the negativity they focus towards me. I'm curious to know what you do or use to stop gossip. I'm hoping it will work for me. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I personally use a lot of candle magic in my workings because it is easily the most practical way for me. I also use a lot of potions and powders in my workings because that's just the way I lean. The easiest thing to do is to create what I call a home settle powder/ incense. It's basically equal parts ground nutmeg and clove. If you know that they are on their way just drop a little on the floor and vacuum it up when they leave. Or if they surprise you can be sneaky and drop it after you get them settled in. it also works as a great incense on a charcoal disc.

    Clove is known to help gossip to stop and nutmeg, not only is good for opening the psychic senses, but for creating a happy atmosphere. That and it just smells divine!

    I hope this helps you out.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! I will definitely try the home settle powder/incense. ;)

    ReplyDelete