Monday, September 19, 2011

Entering the Mysteries


Confine yourself to observing and you always miss the point of your life. The object can be stated this way: Live the best life you can. Life is a game whose rules you learn if you leap into it and play it to the hilt. Otherwise, you are caught off balance, continually surprised by the shifting play. Non-players often whine and complain that luck always passes them by. They refuse to see that they can create some of their own luck.
Darwi Odrade
Chapterhouse: Dune

We have all heard the quote about life not being a destination and how the destination itself is not the point, but the journey you encounter while on the path. Personally, I call that entering the mysteries. The point in my spiritual life where I do indeed have a destination in mind, but I become aware of all the experiences that help build the platform for me leap from so I may reach that destination. Those experiences I have along the way from point A to point B shape my perspective and prepare me for what I think is the end of the destination, but my experiences also lead me to understand that just because I have reached point B doesn't mean that the journey is over. It is merely a collection of understandings that lead me further down the path. New questions, new curiosities, new skills to hone, new directions.

This comes to mind because I have been thinking about a reading I did for myself a while ago that talked about a new journey I will be taking on my own. I will indeed be traveling soon, literally. I will be spending a few days in the Land of Enchantment with some friends, whom I had been promising a visit for some time. I look for ward to this trip for several reasons. First, I will get to spend some quality time with friends; second, I will, for the first time in a very long time get a bit of a personal vacation; third, I know something about this journey will unfold before me like the mysteries often times do. There is something in the Land of Enchantment that is waiting for me to touch upon. Something that is linked to my personal development.

While I am indeed curious about his lesson or experience that is quickly meeting me on the path, I have had not a peep about what it contains from the cards.  I am called to mind the constant repetition in the book Dune: this thing must unfold
A warning and reminder that you can not push the timing of the way mysteries reveal themselves, nor should you. The timing is important for several reasons. One: the Gods are unfolding things in a fashion where all of the important players and events will be present and ready to play their part. Two: the walker must be ready to understand and absorb what is being presented. Too soon and the door of possibility can be slammed shut, never to open again.

I am trying to calmly go about my business with a clear mind and a ready heart, but it seems I have ants in my pants. I find myself hopping around like a child about getting to my destination and I have to keep remembering that I am the walker and just because I have a destination, doesn't mean that there is not something to be watching for while I get there. I agreed to be a walker, I guess that also means that I must also be an observer. Being a walker with out observing also has hazards.  I just wish my mind would stop darting around like a startled fish!


2 comments:

  1. It is hard not to be excited about a possible new opportunity in the near future! I would be a startled fish too! :) Here's to hoping it is an AMAZING outcome! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. LIke I said I have ants in my pants, but after I processed all that cypress this morning I am feeling a bit more calm and steady!

    ReplyDelete